What do I need to bring to my first appointment?
You must bring the following items:
• Your driver's license or other photo ID with a current address. If the photo ID does not show a current address, please bring a utility bill or other correspondence that includes this information.
• Your current health insurance card
• A referral from your primary care physician (if needed)
• If the patient is a minor, a parent or guardian must bring the information listed above. Please be aware that if the requested information is not presented to our staff at the time of your appointment, we may have to reschedule your visit to allow you to bring the information to the office.
• X-Ray Films and CT Scans - If you have had x-rays, CT scans, or any other imaging taken, please be sure to bring the actual films with you to your appointment. The doctor must see the actual images either on x-ray films or saved to a disc. Radiologists do not send the images to us; therefore, you must bring the actual images with you.
• Labs – If you have had any recent labs (including recent and old PSA's) taken or urine studies, please bring the results with you or have your doctor fax the results to us prior to your visit.
• Please arrive 15 to 20 minutes prior to your first office visit to allow enough time to complete your registration.
• Co-payments are expected to be paid at the time of your visit.
What if I arrive late for my appointment?
If you are late for your appointment you may be reschedule as a courtesy to the other patients.
What should I expect when I arrive?
Please plan to arrive 20 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time to complete the electronic check in process. You will be greeted by our receptionist as you “check-in” at the front desk. She will ask to see your insurance card, a photo ID, proof of address if different from your ID, and referral if required by your insurance company.
The receptionist will collect your payment and any lab results, x-ray films or disc you may bring. She will most likely ask you to provide a urine sample as well, depending on the reason you are coming in. Shortly thereafter you will be called back to the exam room by a medical assistant, who will take your vitals and make sure you are ready for the doctor to see you.
What forms will I need to fill out for my appointment?
This information will be collected from you electronically on our Phreesia pads when you check in.
What is Phreesia?
We have invested in the latest technology available to serve you better! Phreesia, the paperless registration system, simplifies the check-in experience and helps us provide you with the best quality of care. Here are just a few of the many benefits of Phreesia:
• Phreesia makes sure your health records are accurate and up to date
• Phreesia offers a completely private check-in experience
• You are asked only questions that are relevant to your current health status
• Phreesia’s electronic format is completely legible and eliminates human error
To get a feel for what you can expect when checking in with Phreesia, check out this video.
Will I need to prepare to make a payment at the time of visit?
Yes, you will be responsible for any co-pays, unmet deductibles, co-insurances and past-due balances determined by your insurance plan prior to being taken back to the exam room.
Financial Policies and Payments
What should I expect after my appointment is complete?
Our check-out person will schedule any follow-up appointments as directed by your provider, and provide you with any prescriptions you may need. The check-out person will also be able to help you sign up with our patient portal.
What is the patient portal?
Our patient portal is a secure online website that gives you convenient 24-hour access to your personal health information. By signing up and using a secure username and password you can view your health record, request a prescription refill, communicate with your physician, and so much more.
What if I miss or cancel my appointment?
We understand that situations occur that might keep you from your appointment. When this happens, we request at least 24 hours advanced notice. There will be a no show fee of $25 for cancellations less than 24 hours in advance as well as missed appointments.