Interstim for male and female incontinence
InterStim® Therapy for Urinary Control
InterStim® Therapy for Urinary Control treats urinary retention (inability to completely empty the bladder) and the symptoms of overactive bladder, including urinary urge incontinence (leakage) and significant symptoms of urgency-frequency. It is often tested after you have tried medications and behavioral therapy without success.
About Sacral Nerve Stimulation
Medtronic offers an innovative therapy for overactive bladder and urinary retention called sacral nerve stimulation (InterStim® Therapy), The therapy addresses the nerve component of bladder control problems for patients who have not achieved desired results with medications.
- Over 75,000 patients have received sacral nerve stimulation worldwide*
- Over 11 years being FDA approved
- Proven efficacy in patients for whom more conventional therapy has been unsatisfactory
- There is a minimally invasive in-office test to see if InterStim might work for you
Sacral nerve stimulation (InterStim® Therapy) is indicated for patients who haven't had success with urinary control medication, and who suffer from one or more of the following conditions:
- Urinary urge incontinence
- Urinary urgency-frequency
- Non-obstructive urinary retention